Beschrijving van opleiding
Why Enrol For The Digital Disruption Programme?
Disruption is a force that is changing the corporate landscape like no other. Today’s organisations are not just being driven to transform to meet the demands of digital. With the recent wave of disruption that has left many in its wake, firms now frequently find themselves competing with players outside their own industry.
This unprecedented disruption is happening fast, as many well-known incumbents will attest. Succeeding in this volatile environment requires not only a thorough understanding of what disruption is and how to deal with it. Even more importantly, you must know how to disrupt others.
This new online programme from Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education provides research-based insights on disruptive innovations and what it takes to build and manage successful business models in this complex era.
Who Is This Programme For?
- This online programme is designed for executives who take part in building strategies in their organisations.
- Participants will engage, via video lectures, with Cambridge Judge’s world-class faculty. They will share their cutting-edge research and give executives the opportunity to reflect on what disruption means in their industry.
- They will also offer unique frameworks and tools proven to help executives define sound strategies to compete and thrive in this fast-changing landscape.
- These new frameworks reflect the realities of modern strategy, introducing concepts that were unknown a decade ago, then challenging executives to use them on case studies that will have relevance to their own circumstances.
- Module 1: Dealing with Disruption
- Module 2: Incumbents' Dilemma
- Module 3: Changing Competitive Imperatives
- Module 4: Platform-based Competition
- Module 5: Platform Wars: Winning from Behind
- Module 6: Winning Ecosystems
- Module 7: Business Model Innovation: Creating Winning Business Models - I
- Module 8: Business Model Innovation: Creating Winning Business Models - II
Dealing with Disruption
Define and recognise disruption in its various forms and learn common disruption strategies.
Understand the challenges associated with platforms and learn to develop strategies to deal with them.
Identify what a business model is, and be able to design a business model to create value.
Learn to distinguish successful platforms from unsuccessful ones, and why some incumbents are unable to adapt to disruption.
Examine the importance of ecosystems from the perspective of both a new entrant and an incumbent, and be able to more accurately predict how new ecosystems are likely to evolve.
Shahzad (Shaz) Ansari
Professor of Strategy & Innovation
Director of the MPhil in Innovation, Strategy & Organisation Programme
Professorial Fellow of St Edmund's College
MPhil, PhD (University of Cambridge)
Professor Ansari’s research is focused on institutional processes and diffusion of practices; social and environmental issues, technological and management innovations; value creation and new market development; offshoring and outsourcing, reputation management, and bottom-of-the-pyramid strategies. He has contributed to executive education programmes in many organisations, including McKinsey, Airbus, Shell, British Telecom, China Development Bank, Nokia, Laing O'Rourke, UNICEF, Essex County Council, City & Guilds, KLEC (Kuala Lumpur Education City), and Shanghai University of Finance and Education, among several others. He is frequently invited to speak on issues related to strategy, innovation and social change.
Reader in Strategy & Policy
PhD (McGill University)
Dr Munir has been teaching at Cambridge Judge Business School since 2000. His research focuses on technological and business model disruptions at the corporate and societal levels and spans the competitive advantage of nations. Dr Munir has consulted for the State Bank of Pakistan, the World Bank, and the Asian Development Bank. He has also been a consultant to the governments of UK, Pakistan and Nigeria. In the private sector he served as a consultant and trainer for several leading organisations and regularly conducts Strategy offsites for wide ranging firms. He is frequently invited internationally to speak on issues related to social, technological and economic change.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a digital certificate of completion by Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education.
Over de school
Our values define who we are, the people who we work with and the way we collaborate. They also encapsulate the behavior we seek in our students and alumni.